Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Importance of Blogs As a Leader

Being a leader can be a very isolated place. You are the "boss" and relationships are different. My principal actually expressed this to me in our interviews in one of my previous courses. She said," It is hard because there is no one to bounce ideas off of." Blogging can create a community of principals that are experiencing similar things as you. You can share ideas or solutions, maybe just talk about the everyday happenings of being a principal. In addition, I can see using blogs on the campus as a way of communication between staff. When school gets rolling it is sometimes hard to keep in touch with everyone on the campus. You could have the staff utilize a blog as a journal or maybe in conducting a book review. I believe that blogs could be a very important and meaningful part of the school community.

2 comments:

  1. I understand what your principal is saying. Even as teachers, you can get "bogged" down with all yoru responsiblities. I like your idea of the staff using blogs to communicate. It would be a good idea for departments to utilize this for an electronic PLC. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a teacher, I sometimes feel isolated even though I am in a building full of other teachers. With saying this, I can see how a principal would truly feel isolated. I like the idea of blogging as a way of staff communication.

    ReplyDelete